The life of small hands, a big heart and a burning desire to see the world know LOVE in an intimate way... And the adventures and life lessons along the way.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Confirmation...over and over... and more...

Well this morning I was reading in Matthew, I am so stuck in that book right now, and I enjoy it! Anyway, I was reading in chapter 10 or 11, I'm pretty sure it was 10. Jesus was talking about how mothers will be turned against thier daughters, father's against thier sons, in-laws turned against one another, but how the Lord is going to use this. Bring the father's to the daughter, the sons to the mothers and the in-laws to one another. Then it talked about how we must love the Lord so much more than we love our parents or friends. That really hit me hard. You see i'm moving to Arlington in May and no one really in my family is for that except my oldest brother, but he'll be there as well. It hurts my mom the most, and me and my mom are like best friends. She isn't supporting me at all in this and said she won't help me period. Which I understand, but can't explain, cause you'd have to hear about my whole life, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to read it. If you want to know just call and ask, and i'll tell you in a few minutes. Anyways, it hurts that I'm hurting my mom in this. So many lies are flying at her like: I'm betraying her. I'll never speak or see her again. I'm moving to find happiness and not out of obedience. and so on...
Well last week a friend of mine told me about this verse and it's been on my mind. I came across it accidentally. After I read it I knew that the decision about moving was the right one, even though it's going to be hard. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness and confirmation!
I'm learning so much about the Lord's faithfulness! He will never let you down!! He might do something that you don't want him to do, but he will never leave you or betray you or lie to you, for that is the very opposite of who He is. He always answers your prayers, he sees every tear that is shed, and every pain inflicted.
I must say I miss my friends a lot, but I don't feel so lonely. Jesus, I know he is with me and that is all I need. He has taken away the lonliness I've felt for so long. I still feel it occasionally like this afternoon, but I remember the very promise that God gave me! I'm finding my need of affection in Him, instead of people.
Just in case you don't know, a friend of mine, and if you are reading this, you probably know him as well. Tried out for So You Think You Can Dance today and I think it goes on till tomorrow, he is in Tenessee. This just reminds me to live life with no regrets! There is a song that you prolly know, especially if you know me, and one part goes:
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO MAINTAIN THESE REGRETS when I think about HE LOVES US.
So the things in your past that might be regrets, think about the lessons you've learned and the good that has come from that, you wouldn't be where you are right now if it weren't for that! Take chances! Live a life of risk taking faith. (i'm preaching to the choir right now, not to you.)
Sorry for all the blabbing.
Have a blessed day! No matter who you are, reading this right now... seriously, be blessed by the Lord. He gave you that breath you just took.
I love you, by the grace of God, I love you! He gave love to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment