The life of small hands, a big heart and a burning desire to see the world know LOVE in an intimate way... And the adventures and life lessons along the way.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another day at the Coffee Shop...

Got to work and said the usual hellos and how are yous...
I'm standing at the register and well I take a deep breath and I stop breathing, my heart stops...
My mind races 90 to nothing... no it can't be...
I look up and my heart starts beating and I release the air I clinged so tightly to...
The sense of smell is strongly linked to memory...
The smell was that of my biological dad...
I am thankful it was not him.
I was then reading a book over my break concerning that Jabez and his prayer. I find it so intriguing how the writer of this book, specifically stopped to mention Jabez and his prayer. His name meant pain, it was a curse placed on his life from birth. But he completely changed it around. He was blessed by God. He was begging God to take away this curse and turn it completely around. So God did. He gave him what he asked for, because he believed in full faith that God would do it.

I'm sure we all have had curses, words of death, spoken over us. Don't accept them. Ask for God to take them away. You see no curse or word of death can withstand the light of the Glorious One.


1 comment: