The life of small hands, a big heart and a burning desire to see the world know LOVE in an intimate way... And the adventures and life lessons along the way.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Communion

So yesterday I went to a church with a couple friends of mine, who I haven't seen in over a year and a half. I was excited but also had high hopes of finding a church family. I walked into the 11 o'clock service, to find myself surrounded and packed in to a very full service. Worship began and I felt such a peace... one that I haven't felt since leaving the HA. I looked around at a couple thousand people singing and praising God with all that they had. Young and old alike. We sang songs that are oh so familiar to me... because I sang them all the time with friends. Then the best part of all....
Communion...
A simple reminder off all that Christ did for me and that he has proposed to me... That i am a bride... a part of the bride of Christ. That even when I turn to other lovers, knowingly or unknowingly, he still comes back for me and makes me pure... I am forgiven.
Since being home, quiet times are harder to find time for... more like I've been allowing my self to get distracted. Quiet times were happening just not like I want them too.
Communion...
Christ drew me back to the secret place in the middle of the crowd. He blessed me with a family that I don't know yet, but will get to know over the next few months and I know that there is something here for me that I am supposed to learn. What an opportunity!
Communion...
a simple reminder of love
Love...
something that can't be explained
LOVE..
Someone who cares so much for you that even when you turn even for a brief moment, reaches down and draws you back in the way that is most effective to you...
for me...
communion....
love...
truth...
sweet surrender
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment